What is PTSA?
Why join PTSA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benfits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. To see a full list of benefit providers, click here to go to the national PTSA website.
Become a PTSA member and join more than five million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
News & Announcements
Help support the PTSA initiatives at East
Click on the LOVE logo to help support programs benefitting East High students and families.
East High PTSA supports the following programs in our school:
- Student & Family Support: Leopard Stash - food and hygiene pantry, open daily: before school and after school; Leopard Boutique - clothing pantry, open before school and both lunches, every Tuesday and Thursday; East High Washrooms - shower/laundry facilities and supplies, available every day
- Freshman Fair - February Open House for all prosective students that are currently in 8th grade. Fair includes assembly, club information, refreshments, and entrance to an East basketball game.
- Leopard News - Monthly school newsletter in English and Spanish.
- Logo Sales - Manages and sells the East High logo wear of t-shirts and sweatshirts. Logo sales are at the Treasurer's office.
- Teacher Appreciation - PSTA provides teachers with meals during Parent Teacher Conferences and other recognition activities throughout the school year.
- National PTA Reflections Contest - Facilitates local entries for fine art, writing, drama, photography, dance, etc. to the national contest.
- Senior Graduation Party - Provides a safe (no driving, no drugs, no drinking) graduation party for the entire Senior class.
- East Alumni Association - Networks with East Alumni.
- Freshman Day - Our annual Freshman Social.
- Brown Bag Lunch Topics - Ongoing student education and activities regarding personal safety, physical education and health, driving, computer safety, drug and alcohol prevention, bullying, and mental health awareness.
- Battle of the Bands - Facilitates entries of local bands to the State PTA contest.
- Leopard Loop - Annual PTSA fundraiser and community event. Great activity for students, families, and community to run from the zoo to the East High Stadium. Officially timed event, t-shirts, food, and fun.