News & Announcements
Dance Company & Dance Krew Auditions!
Graduation Ceremony Update
After careful planning and hearing feedback from the East community, we are able to offer an option for both an outdoor appointment (that includes parents and siblings in a single car) OR an indoor appointment intended for just the graduates. If the risk level for COVID-19 changes for Salt Lake City by June 8th, then graduates who opt for an indoor appointment might have opportunity to bring two guests to their graduation.
Textbook, library books and laptop return
Students if you have any materials that you are not using, you may drop off those items, Monday- Friday at front doors of East.
May 28th and 29th are the return dates for all laptops, textbooks, calculators, and library books. To assist with the return of these materials we will have teams at the following locations:
May 28th - Franklin Elementary from 9:00 AM To 11:00 AM, MT View Elementary from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Clayton Middle School from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM, East High School from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (Front Circle)
May 29th- East High School - Cap and Gown, Faculty Parking Lot from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Textbook, Laptops, and Library Books in the front circle of East
Please get these items turned in to avoid additional fines.
Cap and Gown Pickup
4th Quarter Grading
- Students will continue to have the opportunity to earn high school credit during 4th term.
- It is important for students to maintain engagement in the educational activities being provided by teachers to avoid gaps in learning. However, we know that every student has a different set of circumstances, and at-home learning may create challenges that are not present in the classroom.
- Grades and report cards will still be issued. The following modifications have been put in place to support students during the remote learning period:
- No F grades will be issued during fourth term. Any grade that would have been an F will be replaced with a No Grade (NG).
- No letter grades below a C- will be issued during fourth term. Passing grades below a C- will be replaced with a Pass (P).
- Students may choose to convert any passing grade to a P if they prefer.
- . Please note the link will take you to a document in English. We are working right now on getting translations into the other primary languages spoken by families in our school district. We will post the translated PDFs as soon as we receive them from our translators and will also send them to you in our daily update when they are posted.
- If you have questions about grading, please reach out to your student’s teachers or principal. Please let us know how else we can support you and your student.
**Students may choose to have a P instead of any final letter grade. The student must communicate their choice to the teacher in an email before May 22, 2020.
AP Students: Updated 5/11/20
UPDATE: Click Here for AP Testing Times: Mountain Time. UPDATE: Click Here if you Qualifed for Extended Time. AP students, make sure to contact your AP teacher about upcoming AP testing. Click Here For More Information
COVID-19 Parent Info: ACT Make-Up Info
Contact Information for East High
Our building is closed but we're still available to help.
For questions regarding fees or fines please contact Kim Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay fees/fines through MySchoolfees.com
For enrolling at East High if you live in the school boundary:
1. Contact Barbara Matkin via email at email@example.com
For enrolling at East High if you live outside the school boundary:
Complete the Open/Late Enrollment Application: School Choice
2. Contact your school counselor to build a schedule via email:
Keep Calm and Practice Self Care
We know these are stressful times for everyone, which is why our Social and Emotional Learning Department has compiled a list of resources for students and parents. Please click the link to find activities and practices to reduce anxiety.
Latest Coronavirus Information
For the most current and up-to-date information, refer to our district web page at https://www.slcschools.org/news/2019-20/coronavirus-information/.
All indoor or outdoor activities (sports, play, dance, tutoring, study sessions, team practices, clubs, etc) are canceled/postponed until further notice. All games and performances, regardless of indoor or outdoor, are canceled/postponed. Community Education in the evenings has also been canceled.
April Scholarship Information
This is a great time to be applying for scholarships!
High School Musical Tours
HIgh School Musical tours have been suspended indefinately due to the coronavirus crisis.
East High In The News
LOVE EAST, GIVE EASTClick here to donate to the EHS PTSA
East High Vision and Mission
East High Vision
We empower student voices and actions that value growth, embrace equity, and achieve high expectations.
East High Mission
East High School is a student-centered and inclusive learning community. We are dedicated to a school culture which ensures that each student has the supports and opportunities necessary to find an academic, social, and emotional place here to be BEAST (brave, engaged, accountable, safe, thoughtful). At East, the dedicated teachers, staff, parents/guardians, and community members model what it means to be BEAST by putting students first in our learning and doing, striving for ongoing improvement, and keeping our minds, hearts, and doors open to collaboration.
Salt Lake Education Foundation
Give here to East High School. Your donations are tax deductable through this route.