News & Announcements
High School Registration
Registration Information for the 20-21 School Year
Online registration will be available beginning on Monday, July 27, 2020. Your options are as follows:
SLCSD Returning Students: Every Student Attending grades 9th through 12th must complete the registration process.
Please click on the Registration link for all returning students. Once you have entered the student’s school ID number and the registration pin, the system will direct you in completing the process. The online registration is completed once you have entered your electronic signature and you have reached the page asking you to log off. For assistance with registration please call East High School 801-583-1661
Students new to the Salt Lake City School District:
This option is for any student who has moved into East’s boundaries and did not attend a SLCSD school last year (please remember if you are a student coming in from one of the SLCSD middle schools you are considered a returning student and can use your student number and pin to register).
Please click the Registration Link, then register as a new student. You will be asked to upload documents to streamline the registration process. We need copies of the student’s Birth Certificate, Immunization Records and 2 proof of addresses to verify you live in East’s boundaries. The online registration is completed once you have submitted all the required information and entered your electronic signature and you have reached the page asking you to log off. If you are not able to upload these documents on the system please call the Student Services department after August 5, 2020 and we can schedule an appointment to complete registration.
If your student will not be returning to East for the 20-21 school year, please send an email to Lori Jensen in the Student Services department Lori.Jensen@slcschools.org
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS AND FEE WAIVERS ARE TWO SEPARATE APPROVALS. See each individual link for more information.
If you do not have access to a computer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-583-1661 to set up an appointment.The use of lockers it is not recommended, but accommodations can be made if needed. Please email your student's administrator for details.
Fall 2020 class schedule changes will be available by request through a class change form..
1.Schedule changes will only be made August 5th-12th, August 24th-28th, September 8th- September 14th.
2. Requests should only be made one time.
3. Please check your email for your new schedule or check PowerSchool.
4. Please discuss this change request with your parent/Guardian before submitting this form.
Concurrent Enrollment Information
If your student will be enrolling in Concurrent Classes please read the document below for important deadlines.
2020-21 School Restart Information
Dear parents, families, and employees,
After much deliberation, thoughtful discussion, listening to input from parents, educators, health experts, and even our students, our Board of Education has approved a plan that we feel balances the importance of taking care of the health and safety of our students and employees while also balancing the need to provide a quality education to our students.
We have heard from constituents across the district who care deeply about having in-person instruction, and we want them to know that we do, as well. That is why we have chosen a cautious and thoughtful approach to the beginning of the school year. We want our students back as soon as possible, and we feel that this slow and cautious start to the new year will allow us the opportunity to come back much sooner.
This plan includes our students beginning the year through remote learning. Remote learning will be in place until the end of the first quarter, OR until health conditions in our city improve and allow us to bring our students back into the classroom.
The first day of school for students will be Tuesday, September 8th. Moving the first day for students from the original start date of August 25th to September 8th gives us two weeks to do the following things:
- Distribute laptops, iPads, and other devices to students who need them. We have 1,000 iPads and nearly 13,000 laptops ready to be checked out to students, with 2,000 more laptops on the way.
- We’ll have a chance to administer tests to gauge student learning. It’s important for us to know where our students are academically, so we can teach to individual student needs this year.
- The two-week window will allow teachers to set up meetings with students and their families. Remote learning will go a lot more smoothly if students and teachers can first establish a personal connection. Then, when remote learning begins, students will already be familiar with the teacher speaking to them online. Ideally, these meetings would take place in person, but we can also take care of them via video conferencing if necessary.
- The new start date will also give us time to train parents on how to use Canvas, our online learning platform, and how to access other online resources. We’ve listened to parent feedback asking us to streamline our online learning. We hope that by consolidating all our learning onto ONE platform across the district, and by providing training for parents before remote learning begins, that this period of online instruction will be a more streamlined experience for students, teachers, and parents.
A detailed review of our 2020-21 Restart Plan is available for review on our website, https://www.slcschools.org/news/2020-21/board-of-education-approves-school-restart-plan/.
As we move forward, this plan may need to be altered as health conditions change, but regardless of what phase we are in, we want to reassure our families that we are committed to our vision of Excellence and Equity: every student, every classroom, every day.
Salt Lake City School District
Contact Information for East High
Our building is closed but we're still available to help.
For questions regarding fees or fines please contact Kim Schneider at email@example.com. You can pay fees/fines through MySchoolfees.com
For enrolling at East High if you live in the school boundary.
1. Contact Barbara Matkin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enrolling at East High if you live outside the school boundary:
Complete the Open/Late Enrollment Application: School Choice
2. Your school counselor will contact you with instructions to make your class schedule and make an appointment to meet with you on the phone or a ZOOM meeting.
|Counselor||Alpha by Last Name|
Graduation Ceremony- Links
View the indoor East High 2020 Graduation
Seniors watch your mailbox. Island Photography will send you a graduation photo.
Keep Calm and Practice Self Care
We know these are stressful times for everyone, which is why our Social and Emotional Learning Department has compiled a list of resources for students and parents. Please click the link to find activities and practices to reduce anxiety.
High School Musical Tours
HIgh School Musical tours have been suspended indefinately due to the coronavirus crisis.
LOVE EAST, GIVE EASTClick here to donate to the EHS PTSA
East High Vision and Mission
East High Vision
We empower student voices and actions that value growth, embrace equity, and achieve high expectations.
East High Mission
East High School is a student-centered and inclusive learning community. We are dedicated to a school culture which ensures that each student has the supports and opportunities necessary to find an academic, social, and emotional place here to be BEAST (brave, engaged, accountable, safe, thoughtful). At East, the dedicated teachers, staff, parents/guardians, and community members model what it means to be BEAST by putting students first in our learning and doing, striving for ongoing improvement, and keeping our minds, hearts, and doors open to collaboration.
Salt Lake Education Foundation
Give here to East High School. Your donations are tax deductable through this route.